Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sunday Show at the Goldfish

I am really looking forward to my show at the Goldfish Tea Room this Sunday 3/7 “Cello-bella and Friends”. I was invited to do a 2 hour set, and I decided to ask some of the best local talent I’ve met around town to join me. I will have 3 poets and another musician sharing the time. Mike can’t make the date, but he will be there in spirit, as he’s providing me with a guitar track for one of my songs.

The line-up for the evening includes Patrick O’Leary (http://web.mac.com/paddybon/Site/Patrick_O%E2%80%99Leary_-_Books.html ), a nationally recognized poet/author who will be reading his work and playing guitar on a couple of tunes with me. Carmel (www.youtube.com/carmelon721), is a young singer/songwriter who is only in high school, but with a musical sensibility beyond her years. She will do a short set of original songs. Sparrow is a local poet who has a wonderful wry wit and great way of communicating her unique observations about life. Poet/musician Cat Listening (http://www.myspace.com/catlistening) has been active and popular on the local scene for a number of years, will make his contribution through music and poetry. We will do a duet where he recites a poem about his cat (coincidentally named Schubert) as I play Schubert’s Ave Maria on the cello. To this mix, I’ll be adding my cello jazz and vocals for a short sets in between the others. All in all, it should be an entertaining evening with something for everyone.

Throughout the week leading up to the show, I will be posting videos of each performer on my Facebook page, so feel free to check them out. These videos are also posted at www.youtube.com/cellobelladotcom .

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a cool event.

    Has this event been added to the Goldfish Tea Facebook fan page?

    ReplyDelete